Everybody loves a little pampering and with the summer coming, we think it’s essential. Here in the office, we’re excited that the crispness of winter has passed and that it’s time to prepare for the sun-drenched days of summer that we all love. One of the best ways to get ready is to use a body polish
We’ve long been fans of Himalayan Salt, it’s got so much going for it. Not only does it leave skin soft, smooth and glowing, but it also nourishes the body as it removes toxins, boosts immunity and delivers functional support. It also contributes in the battle against cellulite. What’s not to love!
Silky smooth summer skin
The beach is calling your name, your local park is green and ready for a weekend picnic, you are off to a BBQ, evening drinks on a rooftop terrace. Whatever the occasion, you will want your skin to glow! So prep your skin, ready to catch those rays, or if you are faking it….read on as to why you still need to prep with the wonder that is our Himalayan Salt Body Polish
Get your skin ready for a longer lasting tan
Our award winning exfoliator removes dead skin cells that have been building up over a long winter. Once polished away, your skin will be smooth, glowing, supple and far more receptive to a tan, either real or fake, with the added bonus that the tan will last longer.
By gently scrubbing away dead skin cells, you’re body is smoother, healthier and ready for tanning. Now, when you tan, it will last longer as all the dry skin has gone, revealing new, tan ready skin.
Skin naturally regenerates, shedding old layers, to reveal new layers. On skin that hasn’t been exfoliated, the tan will wear off more quickly, as the old layers shed, taking the tan with them.
To prolong the tan, be sure you use a quality SPF, and moisturise regularly.
7 Steps to getting your skin ready for summer
We recommend using Himalayan Salt as a dry body polish. Let’s talk you through the way to use it to get the very best results:
- Stand in the bath or shower
- Be sure your skin is dry
- Massage your entire body, starting at your feet, and working up towards your heart
- Use a gentle, circular, massaging motion
- If you have sensitive skin, it’s not recommended using it on your face
- Shower or bathe as normal, but there’s no need to use soap or shower gel
- Step out and pat dry gently
Smile broadly! You’re ready for those rays.
Benefits of using Himalayan Salt as part of your body scrub routine
Himalayan salt is full to the brim with natural goodness. It contains 84 minerals and elements including calcium, iron and magnesium.
- It improves the oxygen supply to the skin
- Improves circulation
- Promotes a radiant glow
- Leaves your skin nourished, clean, exfoliated and silky smooth
Now for the science bit
- Toxin removals and PH Balance – your complexion will get a new lease of life and toxins will be drawn out
- Re-energise – the minerals have a natural frequency that resonates with your body – so you get revitalised and recharged. This raises your metabolism and self-healing
- Moisturised – our body fluids have salt in them, so using Himalayan salt as a body scrub fits perfectly when it comes to hydration
- Skin treatment – skin conditions such as psoriasis, eczema and acne can be relieved by the soothing, healing and antiseptic qualities. Not to mention that it can also help with bites and blisters
- Muscle relaxant – Himalayan salt contains magnesium which helps to relax cramped or tight muscles. It can also help with conditions such as rheumatism, arthritis and tendinitis by reducing inflammation
How to make our award-winning Himalayan Salt Body Polish
Try making our award-winning Himalayan Salt Body Polish. You’ll get all the great results – smooth, soft, nourished, hydrated skin and the chance to add a little essential oil (of your choice) to the formula to give you your very own bespoke and delightfully decadent pampering potion.
We use Grapeseed Oil, Sweet Almond Oil and Shea Butter combined with the Himalayan Salt to help with gliding over the skin & moisturise at the same time as exfoliating. You get all the pampering and beach preparation benefits in one shot!
When you’ve finished, your skin will be ready for summer…your tan lasting longer whether you fake it or not, the glow will be long lasting. Now all that’s left to do is to get out there and enjoy yourself wherever you are with family & friends.